Test Method - Determination of Glaze Level (Codex Based)
- Water container
- Calibrated Temperature Probe
- 8 Gauge sieve
- Calibrated weight scale
- Place 200gm of glazed product in a container of fresh potable water at a temperature of 27ºc (the amount of water must be equal to 8 times the declared weight of product).
- The product must be left to stand in the water for 30 seconds and may be separated by hand if necessary.
- The de-glazed product is then removed from the water, whilst still frozen, and placed in a standard 8-gauge sieve placed at an angle of approximately 20º.
- Leave the product to drain in the sieve for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the product from the sieve into the pre-tare scale. Make a note of the product weight (X) after the glazed has been removed.
- Establish the glaze level using the formula below.
- (200 grams – X = Y)
- Y/2 = glaze %
Libra will use the above test method unless an alternative is specified by the customer.